Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life Before Stepping Into University









2007 - After goin thru alot of turned-down government jobs, I find my life was hard. I don't even know where and when I'm gonna find a better job-career that suits me, especially after my graduation. After graduation, I was still working with my former-attachment partner, Anwar at BSM Muara, and after a job-career at RBA was turned down too, I almost felt lost. My future had no answer, but to stay working at BSM..maybe for the rest of my life. Although I find working at BSM was worth it due to its salary, but I get the feeling that I can't stay here for too long. I deserve much better than working under pressure, under the hot sun, fillin up diesels and petrols for truckers. I even experienced working in the store section, but the effort, work pressure and tiredness that I went thru had no difference.

Within four to five months later, I get the feeling that my life was about to change. I received a call from the University for an interview. Since its just a call up for interview, and thinking that my qualifications are not as high and satisfying as it seems, I kept my hopes into minimal in stepping into Uni. I knew my chances to be one of the undergraduates are low. The interview was postponed twice but then I went thru it well.

I was pretty much shocked and yet excited when I received a call..again from the University, congratulated me and saying that I was accepted and will be joining the 2007/2008 intakes.

Early in the morning as I reached the UBD Chancellor Hall, I couldn't imagine seeing the number of countless people and undergraduates around. They were everywhere. Some might be lucky because they're friends from the same school, so they might stick together. As for me, I hardly find someone I know. I know Belle was taking the same course as me too, but I couldn't find her that day. Till I met my ex-classmate from SOASC, Hasanuddin. Besides him, I even met Amzar but unfortunately we weren't in the same course because he is taking Degree programme. While me & Hasan were taking Diploma.

During the four days Orientation Session, I met new friends, Zekry & Sa'ar. Whereas Belle, she made friends with this two undergraduate young ladies, Fuzah & Ema.

After recognising the faculties and strolling around the campus, I finally get to meet the rest of the Pri.Ed undergrads. Trust me..there were so many of us. Together with the Phys.Ed undergrads, we're totalled up to 90+ peeps. Forget the Phys.Ed for awhile, and when I focus to the Pri.Ed undergrads, I could hardly remember their names..til now!! Hahaha..

No comments:

Post a Comment